Wedding accessories are available in every accessory imaginable, from earrings and necklaces to bracelets and tiaras. When most people think of wedding accessories, visions of sparkling rings tend to dance through their heads. But while rings are certainly the most important aspect of wedding accessories, a bride must also give consideration to the other pieces she'll be wearing. From gorgeous earrings to beautiful bracelets, we've got the skinny on all the current wedding accessories trends.
Wedding accessories are an important accent on your wedding day attire. Below, are the top 5 wedding accessories to complete your look.
1. Earrings. Chandelier earrings are a sexy trend that seems here to stay! The requisite accessory for red-carpet celebs, why not grab a few of these sparkly sets for your bridesmaids -- or get a pair for yourself to wear with that beautifully embellished bodice on your wedding gown. The look in wedding jewelry now is bold, and the hottest trend in the spotlight is the chandelier earring. The dangling pieces of jewelry boast diamonds, pearls, or even glass beads, evoking a glamorous, Art-Deco look. Long, thin, shoulder-skimming lines are also showing up on brides, a sleek counterpart to the bold chandelier. Drop diamond (or rhinestones) earrings are elegant wedding selections. Chandelier earrings are destined to add subtle grace and sparkle to your wedding-day. Look no further for the finishing touch for you or your bridesmaids.
2. Diamond necklaces. Admit it: You want your jewelry to match the romance of the day -- and you want to go for the glamour too. You can be feminine and glamorous with a diamond necklace. Dramatic necklaces utilize the bigger-is-better theme as well, dripping gemstones and setting off demure necklines. If you don’t have access to the real stuff, look for some fabulous fakes. These days it’s hard to distinguish costume jewelry from authentic gems. GlamForLess.com offers an array of faux pearl earrings and necklaces. Faux diamonds are wonderful as well, and many of the pieces available combine the costume pearl and diamonds together for a sparkly and classic look.
3. Cuff Bracelets. Thick silver cuff bracelets sprinkled with diamonds (or rhinestones) are currently flashing on the runways of fashion. Tiny rhinestones or beads add an air of daintiness to chunky designs of semi-precious stones. The look is wide and antique, with brides walking down the aisle with family heirlooms on their wrists for an old-fashioned, sentimental air. The cuff bracelet is sparkly yet subtle -- the perfect accessory for your strapless gown, or a great gift for your bridesmaids!
4. Gemstone jewelry sets. Adorn your neck and ears with specks of sparkle. The gemstone jewelry set is a great way to add color to your wedding day ensemble, if you dare. Sapphires, emeralds (or fakes) and semi-precious stones can add just a bit of punch to your necklace and earring choices. Colored diamonds are all the craze now, and the hues range from red to blue to green. More delicate than daring, gemstone jewelry sets complement a strapless or V-neck bridesmaid gown; they are a simply stunning, elegant way to coordinate your bridesmaids’ jewelry.
5. Pearl necklace set. Pearl necklaces are a bride’s best friend. The lustrous white color is a beautiful complement to a white or off-white wedding gown. Although timeless, pearls are hot now and evoke fashion’s current fascination with feminine things. They have been worn by style mavens for ages; they were a favorite of the late Carolyn Bessette Kennedy as well as Catherine the Great. Pearls are also extremely versatile. Coordinate your bridesmaids' -- or your own -- look with a pearl necklace set for the wedding and occasions to come.
6. Bridesmaids jewelry. When it comes to bridesmaids jewelry, give your bridesmaids some direction. You can tell them all to wear pearls or no necklaces at all. You can let them show a little creativity and individuality by choosing their own earrings (you reserve veto power, however) or you can dictate the earrings you want them to wear. Some brides give earrings, necklaces or both that double as wedding day wear for their maids and wedding party gifts. It looks great if all of your bridesmaids wear the same jewelry; it’s also fine if you allow them to make their own choices as long as they are in keeping with the tone of your wedding. Have a little heart-to-heart with your bridesmaids -- literally -- to show them how much you appreciate their support. This silver-plated necklace features a heart-shaped pendant suspended on a silver herringbone chain.
7. Wedding hair combs. Wishing for the perfect hair accent? Dazzling wedding hair comb, adorned with crystals and rhinestone accents add some serious sparkle to your wedding-day do.
8. Tiaras. Feel like royalty with a shimmering wedding tiara. Dainty and delicate, tiaras sits gently atop your coif as is, creating a look that's subtle and striking. Complete your look with a chic silvertone tiara adorned with crystals and rhinestones -- creating a look that's bold yet feminine. Tiaras embellished with crystals and rhinestone will add a graceful hint of glamour to your wedding ensemble.
9. Headbands. Looking for a simple alternative to a tiara? Headbands ornamented with rhinestones provide the perfect crowning touch to your wedding-day look. Rhinestone headbands are traditional, elegant, and a great alternative to a tiara. Wear headband with hair in an up-do style or hair down in romantic curls. For the brides or bridesmaids.
10. Hair clips/pins. Little bejeweled clips or pins strewn throughout your hair can add dazzle. If you opt for hair accessories, tone down the rest of your jewelry selections. Your wedding offers the ultimate opportunity for little ladies to play dress-up, especially the flower girls. Indulge your youngest attendant's stylish flights of fancy with some special hair accessories for your wedding day.
Thanks for Choosing Glam For Less!