Answer: The beauty of a strapless dress is that you can wear almost any necklace style. Popular choices include the choker, single and double strands, a simple pendant, or a “Y-drop” design.
The appropriate length for any necklace should be at least one inch above the neckline of your gown. A standard choker is 14-16 inches long, while a princess choker measures 17-19 inches. These are popular lengths because of the symmetry that they bring to a strapless neckline. Classic styles include pearl or Swarovski crystal chokers, but multi-strand and “Y-drop” necklaces set look just as elegant. Just be sure that your jewelry doesn’t draw attention away from your face or compete with any embellishments on your dress.
If your dress has intricate beading on the bodice, consider foregoing a necklace altogether. Instead, let the beautiful detailing speak for itself and accent it with a stunning pair of earrings.
1. What Is The Most Popular Colored Bridal Gemstone Jewelry?
2. What Is Considered Classic Bridal Jewelry?
3. Which Type of Wedding Day Accessories Are Essential For Brides?
4. Are There Ways To Save Money On Wedding Day Jewelry?
5. What Styles Of Jewelry Should Bridesmaids Wear?
6. Which Necklaces Go Best With A Strapless Gown?
Thanks for Choosing Glam For Less!